There are many benefits of AGLCA membership and many are listed below. In a nutshell, AGLCA membership offers you more information for planning and cruising the Great Loop, in an easy to digest format, than you'll find anywhere else. And don't underestimate the value of the connections you'll make with other Loopers by joining us. Looper camaraderie is legendary and it can start well before your departure on the Great Loop.
Discounts, Discounts, Discounts! Members receive discounts on services and marinas, and special offers from our Sponsors throughout the Great Loop route, including 10% off any Unlimited Water Towing Service Package with Boat U.S. and 10% off Enterprise Rental Cars.
Members: Click or tap here to go to our sponsor directory and review the different offers available to you!
Members' Discussion Forum - This forum is THE place for information and inspiration about the Great Loop.
Access to Harbor Hosts. These are members who volunteer to assist Loopers when they enter the Harbor Hosts' home waters. Most will recommend services, share local knowledge and navigational tips, and often provide transportation for re-provisioning. The Harbor Hosts are displayed on the Great Loop Map and can also be found in the Member Roster.
There are many ways to extend your AGLCA membership for free! Please check out the list below to see how you can help AGLCA and extend your membership. We love to reward those who help the Association!
- Refer a new Sponsor and receive a free one-year extension or 50% off a two- or three-year membership renewal.
- Refer a new member to AGLCA and receive a two-month extension. Just ask the member to list you as the person who referred them when they join and we'll apply your membership extension.
- Be a part of the AGLCA Writers' Bureau and have an article published for a three-month membership extension.
- Participate in the AGLCA Speakers' Bureau and present on The Great Loop for a three-month membership extension.
- Free one year Membership Renewal Coupons available at participating Sponsors.
Our Member Directory gives you instant access to other members in your area whether you're at home or on the Loop. The roster includes the ability to search by many parameters, including boat name, boat size, boat make, etc. This means you can find others with whom you have something in common, or can reach out to those who might have information you need.
Members have access to live and recorded webinars -- many are free!
Several recordings are available now, and we continue to produce new webinars regularly. Our Webinar Library includes many titles that are free to members!
Members may post Classified Ads free of charge, which can be viewed by members and non-members alike. Classified ad categories include:
- Boats for Sale - If you're selling your Looping boat, this is the place to list it!
- Crew Offered - Interested in the Loop but don't have a boat? Why not crew for another Looper? We have many solo Loopers who sometimes want a hand in certain areas of the Loop, or couples who are interested in having the assistance of someone else aboard.
- Crew Wanted - Post ads here if you need assistance along the way!
- Miscellaneous for Sale - Sell (or find!) charts or equipment you no longer need.
Find other Loopers! - At the request of our members, AGLCA has partnered with Nebo, making logging your boat's location and finding other Loopers easy. By automating the tedious task of logging sea voyages, you can spend more time enjoying your on-water boating adventures. Nebo is the easiest and best way to auto-log your boating journeys and to keep in touch with friends on the water (and those unfortunate enough to be stuck at home).
Ability to attend our members-only Rendezvous. The camaraderie at these events is instantaneous because hundreds of people with a common interest are gathered in one place to learn about the Great Loop and share their experiences.
The cost of Looping tool was designed to help you plan your Great Loop adventure by estimating what your costs may be doing the Loop in different types of boats and with different types of cruising preferences.
New! You can now search the costs input by other Loopers! This feature enables you to see what other members with boats and cruising styles similar to yours spent on their Great Loop adventure.
Our Great Loop Link digital magazine is emailed monthly, and or eUpdates enewsletter is mailed every few weeks containing news about the people and places on the Loop.
Visit our Great Loop Link page to check them out.
One-year new memberships are $79, and multi-year memberships enjoy discounted rates of $150 for two years, $213 for three years (each with a $15 one-time joining fee), or $625 for a lifetime membership.