AGLCA's Free Official Member Locator- Nebo
Nebo Boat Logging App - Find other Loopers! - At the request of our members, AGLCA has partnered with Nebo making logging your boat's location and finding other Loopers easy. By automating the tedious task of logging sea voyages, you can spend more time enjoying your on-water boating adventures. Nebo is the easiest and best way to auto-log your boating journeys and to keep in touch with friends on the water (and those unfortunate enough to be stuck at home).
Download Nebo app from the Apple Store
Download Nebo app from the Google Play Store
AGLCA members are shown in Nebo with the AGLCA logo as their boat marker. The Home Port Crew syncs our member database with Nebo twice a week, so there may be a delay of a few days before you're shown as a member. The identification of members in Nebo is based on email addresses, so you must be sure that the email address used in your member profile on this website matches the one in your Nebo account. Click here for instructions on how to make sure your email address is set the same in both accounts.
Nebo Link Device for Added Benefits
The features above work with the free member app, but there are additional advantages to using Nebo Link, which is a device that is installed in your boat. Nebo Link:
- Starts automatically when the boat moves, so you don’t need to remember to start a voyage in the app.
- Stays with the boat, so when you leave the boat with your smart phone, Nebo still shows the boat’s location.
- Doesn’t utilize the data from your existing cell plan.
- Doesn’t drain the battery on your smart phone to run the Nebo app.
The Nebo tracker can also assist with safety in the following ways:
- A person falls overboard unnoticed. Nebo’s continually recorded track provides rescuers with a starting point for the search.
- A vessel capsizes, and the EPIRB cannot be activated. Nebo will show the track, and the likely location the capsize occurred. Rescue authorities can model the current location of the vessel.
- A captain requests assistance over the radio, or via Nebo. Rescuers can see the vessel’s location, rather than rely on a potentially inaccurate description. Rescuers can see other vessels in the vicinity, and ask that they assist.
- A captain asks friends to monitor their location and status. Nebo allows those on land to easily monitor the status and location of the vessel, and alert authorities if required.
AGLCA’s parent company, KFR Services, Inc., is now the North American reseller for Nebo Link and you can purchase one whether you’re an AGLCA member or not. Nebo Link is $149 and the monthly subscription (which covers all data transmission) is $12 and it's month-to-month. You can get further information on Nebo Link and purchase one here.
You can learn more about Nebo in this free webinar.